Thursday 4 October 2012

The Makings of a Modern Man

Quite simply I have started this blog to impart (where possible) what little knowledge I may possess. To draw attention to style for men be it casual or formal, smart or relaxed, as, despite comments to the contrary, 'the clothes' most certainly do 'maketh the man'.

My intention is that this may act as a guide for those who need somewhere else to look for advice on what to wear and how. I'll also be looking at where to go for quality that's affordable.

Any submission's of your own tips or outfits are gratefully received, as are your views on each post.

From what I can see there's little on offer for men as far as style blog's are concerned, and what is out there is aimed mostly at what I would consider formal appearance.

My consideration is wider spread, being well turned out is not always about a blazer and a pair of trousers. There's a stark contrast between a good dress sense and someone who has developed their own style.

To look well in more relaxed attire it's all about 'fit', the cut of the cloth so to speak, so, first things first... a TAILOR. Get a recommendation where/if you can as a good tailors can be hard to find, but there's no need to head to Savile Row or the equivalent wherever you may be.

For me a tailor should be someone you see regularly, you should have a strong rapor after all he's the one who'll make you look the part.

With that I'll begin...




No comments:

Post a Comment